Tuesday, July 31, 2012

wifi!!

I'm in Colombia! After 4 hrs in Miami and 3ish hour flight I'm finally here! Flying to medellin was a new experience compared to going to Bogota. People dress and talk different ..and people to medellin are so much calmer!! Usually when we fly to Bogota, people are anxious and trying to board way before it's time to..and ppl dress nicer (haha sister remember that time the old guy pushed us away with his cane?) So as we are boarding the plane, there's two cute Colombian guys behind, i was praying they had seats next to me lol in the plane one of the guys took my bag & put it in the overhead cabinet without even asking if i needed help (typical well mannered Colombian)! At this point i saw an empty row of chairs so i thought yay that's our row..but NO i sat next to a drunk older guy  who thought we were bffls, he kept talking to me even when i put my headphones on lol  my Tia Nona picked me up from the airport with another nun...btw my aunt was super concerned that my flight was late and that i was one of the Last ppl to come out...aka if she's worried about me being in the airport alone there is nooooooo way she's letting me roam Medellin alone  or go out at night lol the younger nun said she was my vacation buddy while I'm  here..yay..lol. The ride to the convent was amazing because you have to drive down mountains so you get the best view of medellin...its huge!!! There are sooooooooo many buildings ! Ill try to take a picture. The nuns here are funny, you would think that nuns are quiet and serious but not these! Last night they were talking about the inappropriate novelas they watch & cracking jokes..the younger nuns were trying to convince my aunt to not have prayers at 4am(didn't work out) Actually which reminds me , i should probably get up it's 8am, the nuns have been up for hours ! I'm ready for breakfast, arepas, huevos, jugo, hmmm. I have no idea what we're doing today but I'm excited!!!!:D

4 comments:

  1. This is hysterical. First of all, I was telling people this past weekend about traveling with Mami and how it was so stressful. And that when we got older she would push her way on the plane without us...meanwhile we would wait patiently because we did not want to get attacked by the old man with the cane! haha
    Also, those nuns are so funny. Please tell them I said hello. I told someone at work that they watch novelas and they asked me if they were allowed to do that. hehe.
    Well have fun! I am just going to sit at my desk and day dream about all the yummy food you are eating :o) mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds so much fun. You must put up pictures of the view/ where you're staying. It's so typical that you get stuck next to the old drunk guy instead of the well-mannered papi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol typical right???? Tonight was the exception though! I'll blog about it soon :) thanks for commenting!

      Delete